Image of the Awakening
The image of the "Awakening" comes from I Samuel 3: 1-10. Samuel is a boy who ministers to the Lord under Eli, the priest. One night as Samuel is lying down within the temple of the Lord. the Lord calls, "Samuel! Samuel!" Samuel did not yet know the Lord, and the word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him, so he did not recognize who was calling him. After the Lord calls Samuel three times, Eli perceives that it's the Lord calling. He instructs Samuel to respond with, "Speak, Lord, for thy servant hears." When the Lord calls again, Samuel does as Eli instructs and hears from the Lord.
What is the Awakening?
The Awakening is an orderly, structured weekend designed for teens who have completed their freshman year of high school through those who are in their senior year of high school. The Awakening is designed to bring participants to an awareness of each one's need to accept Jesus as their Savior, and then begin to make Him Lord in all areas of life. The focus of the Awakening is commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. During the event, one will be inspired, challenged, and equipped for a close, personal relationship with Jesus, and for Christian action in the home, school, work places, and community.
What happens at the Awakening?
The Awakening is three days in which "sleepers" live and study together in a worshipful time of singing, prayer and discussion. During each of the fifteen talks heard on the weekend, the theme of awakening to God's call on one's life is presented. Sleepers will examine more fully the reality and presence of Christ in His body of believers. Each one will personally experience the grace of the Lord through the prayers and acts of a loving, Christian support community.
What happens after the Awakening?
One of the most important parts of the Awakening is the follow-up. Although the weekend lasts only three days, everyone is invited to use its lessons and principles throughout life. While attending the Awakening, each is challenged to:
- choose Jesus as personal Savior, and begin making Him Lord; and
- strengthen one's spiritual life through study, prayer, worship and Christian fellowship.
- Follow the three days, sleepers are invited to become intentional about personal faith through local church participation, small group studies, and reunion groups. Reunion groups are three to five people who meet weekly to examine individual goals of spiritual growth and to encourage one another to a life of discipleship.
Who should attend the Awakening?
This weekend experience is for anyone who:
- wishes to establish and/or strengthen their spiritual life;
- wants to have a better understanding of a relationship with Jesus, the Christian life and action for Jesus in the world;
- strives to live a Christian life that bears fruit for God;
- seeks to know Jesus as Savior and Lord and to make Him known.
- is a teenager who has completed their freshman year of high school through those who are in their senior year of high school
You are invited!
We invite you to this exciting three day experience. Our hope is that you will take this opportunity to arise as you hear God's voice in your life.
"Awaken, O sleeper... and Christ shall give you light." (Eph. 5:14)
If you are interested in learning more about the Awakening please contact your Local Community or Lampstand Ministries:
P.O. Box 732
Madisonville, KY 42431
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com